Welcome to the Anabaptist Faith website, where you’ll find information about the Christian faith as Anabaptists have understood it. You’ll also find Anabaptist apologetics (reasons to believe), on this site.
This website is dedicated to the church of Jesus Christ—to everyone throughout the whole world and throughout all ages who have given their lives to God’s son. I hope these articles can help you to find or strengthen your faith in him.
- Anabaptist Beliefs
- Anabaptist Culture
- Anabaptist History
- Kingdom of God
- Protestant Doctrine
- Roman Catholic & Eastern Orthodox
- Early Christian Quotes About IconsThe Eastern Orthodox Church believes that the practice of venerating icons (iconodulia) has always been part of the Christian faith. This article quotes from a wide range of early church fathers to show that the consensus of the early fathers …
- Apostolic Succession Is Not NecessarySome churches argue that they have special authority, because they have “apostolic succession.” By that, they mean that their bishops hold a continuing church office as successors of the apostles. Because they are successors of the apostles, these churches say, …
- Did the Early Church Fathers Teach Apostolic Succession?One of the most common arguments offered for apostolic succession is that the Early Church Fathers taught it. However, after examining all the quotations that are offered in support of this claim, I’ve concluded that it’s just not true. Instead, …
- Why Were the Anabaptists Persecuted During the (Counter-) Reformation?Why would a peace-loving people, who saved their pursuers, be persecuted? Why would the Dutch Anabaptist Dirk Willems be burned to a horrible death at the stake after rescuing his enemy from drowning? Many Anabaptists, especially leaders, were drowned, beheaded, …
- Biblical NonresistanceIn my last two posts, I argued that New Testament teachings are authoritative and that obedience to Jesus’ commands is necessary. In this post, I will look at one area where the Anabaptists have remained true to the teachings of …
- Salvation Includes Faith and WorksIn my last article, I offered a support of the New Testament’s authority for Christians. I recommend reading that article before you read this one, but you shouldn’t need that post in order to understand this post. I will continue …